Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Without you

They say life is beautiful
With it’s vibrant hues
They say love is more so
When I look up with my broken heart…
I feel their words are untrue…
Life can’t be worse than what it is without you…

My summers scorch up what is left of my soul
The rains drain away the last drop of my tears
The autumns leave my heart drier than the falling leaves
The winters fail to freeze my bleeding heart…
They say time heals all wounds
But it renews this pain of mine
My wounds bleed afresh with every memory of yours without you…

My eyes yearn to cry; yet they are dry
Tears seem to have deserted them
Just as meaning has deserted life
Just as you have deserted me…
My agony is silent, my longing, expectant
Though happiness is lost, my hopes are not dormant
Where you left me, I still stand there waiting, without you…

I breathe in the air of your memories
My pulse throbs at your name
I walk about in your thoughts
I live a thousand deaths in every moment
Being alive is a different thing
Life is a different notion
Yes I’m alive…But far away from life, without you…

10 comments:

The Cuttacki said...

Good to see you creating a blog on poetry i have enjoyed some of your poems .
Hope you continue to get yourself inspired to write more poetry

Unknown said...

hi dear
its realy good to see u grow as an writer
my best wishes r with u
cary on and rock your poetry..

Anubhuti Mishra said...

thanx surat...n thanx mr.cuttacki......n ur words encourage me to keep writin.....c ya guys!

Unknown said...

this 1 is just superb.......i cant explain how i am feeling now after reading this 1......all i can say is that...............it has touched me.........keeep up the good work

Anubhuti Mishra said...

thanx buddy...pleasure's all mine...

lagna said...

touching.. its reely nice..
luvd ur writings..

Anubhuti Mishra said...

thanx lagna.i guess u recognised me....i'd seen u at rcm in bbsr at the nujs entrance.....err..mayb u dont remember..nevamind..gud to hear from ya.thanx a lot 4 visitin d blog n readin d stuff.c ya.

lagna said...

wel i heard ankita mentionin ur name.. n by da tym i turned arnd.. ur intro was done.. so i cudnt reely make out wich 1 is u ;) ;)

Sagar Mohanty said...

Carry on Anubhuti.. Can I call u Anu

Anubhuti Mishra said...

of course u can sagar.....n same 4 all u guys....!!!ciao!!