Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I know you can’t be mine…

Your voice belongs to someone else
Your words speak of someone else
Yet I converse with your silence…
Your eyes sparkle with the gleam of someone else’s love
Your smile blushes on someone else’s thought
Yet I look at you with loving eyes…
I know you can’t be mine…
Yet I love you nonetheless ever.

Your thoughts wonder far away in someone else’s world
Your dreams flicker in distance in someone else’s arms
Yet I can’t help thinking of you; only you…
Your memories cherish in someone else’s life
Your fantasies sneak out into someone else’s thought
Yet I spend every moment of mine longing for you…
I know you can’t be mine…
Yet I am and will remain yours forever.

Your days dawn in someone else’s sun
Your evenings bask in someone else’s moon
Yet my days and nights belong to you alone…
Your time fleets away waiting for someone else
Your moments pass by in someone else’s time
Yet I love to lose track of time, lost in your thoughts…
I know you can’t be mine…Yet I believe that in this life or the next, we shall be together.

8 comments:

Crafzy said...

hey anubhuti gr8 poem dear, it touched my heart.

Anubhuti Mishra said...

thanx da...

Unknown said...

gr8 job anubhuti.......keep it up.......i am sure u reach the zenith.......keep writing.....i will b waiing 4 ur next 1...........

Anubhuti Mishra said...

thanx binit....d next one will cum soon....its bein delayed only bcoz of exams......but it's cumin soon.....thanx for visitin...keep in touch.

Sagar Mohanty said...

I inspired by the diversity in ur poems. If u conitue like this , soon u ll become a professional.I agree wid a words cited in ur profile from Wordsworth... most beautiful creations are those that speak of our saddest memories..

Finally hats off 2 ur inspiration...

Which one s ur first book? can I hv a copy of it plz..

Sagar..

Anubhuti Mishra said...

thanx sagar!bout d first book,i'll let u hav a copy as son as m free!tc.n thanx.

Tushar said...

wow!

i identify with the emotions involved in this piece.

Anubhuti Mishra said...

thanx tushar!