Monday, December 3, 2007

My Unanswered Prayer

I kneel folding my hands into a prayer
But its not the temple nor the church
Not before the one whom people call God
I kneel before you...I pray to you
I pray life gives me a moment
Just one...
One moment as long as a zillion lifetimes
One moment when you look at me
And I see only myself in your eyes
One moment when you speak to me
And I hear only my name in your voice
The one moment when you smile
And I feel all the pain abating
The one moment when you hold my hand
And I feel you touching my soul
The one moment when you come close to me
And I smell only my breath through you...
I pray that moment comes once in my life
I pray it never ends...
I pray...and you stand...
You turn and walk away
But my prayer is not unanswered
Because I never put my prayer into words
Never imparted a voice to my prayer
You turned away on my silence
I don't know how you would've answered my prayer
All the same, I pray...
Whether you will be mine or not
May not be in my hands
But loving you is...
And I pray that I love you all through my life
I pray that I die loving you
And I pray that I love you in my next life
And the one after that too...!
I pray...for all eternity,
I kneel here praying that I love you!

4 comments:

Abhi Abhi Mere Dil Mein BLOG aaya hai said...

Really,even I must pop-up the question: Whom are you in love with?Or rather,who's that moron or unlucky guy who fails to acknowledge your love?

See,reading my pessimistic poems even you have been inspired to write:
"I pray that I die loving you
And I pray that I love you in my next life
And the one after that too...!"

Jokes apart,great stuff.

Abhi Abhi Mere Dil Mein BLOG aaya hai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abhi Abhi Mere Dil Mein BLOG aaya hai said...

GOd!I deleted the second comment by mistake.Here it is-
Hope your prayers are answered soon.Your love right now is Law I know!

Anubhuti Mishra said...

yeah u got it ryt bro...dat unlucky moron's..law skool!! ;)