Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Where are you???

The gleam of your eyes
Still flashes into mine
The buzz of your voice
Still echoes in my ears
The innocence of your smile
Still haunts my memories
How do i explain
How frantically i seek you?
Where are you?

For the sake of old times
Speak to me once more
At least cry my name aloud
Its been ages since it spouted from your lips
It sounds so unfamiliar nowadays
Now that its not uttered by you
How do i explain
How much i long to hear you?

The rains refuse to wash way my pain
The breeze denies to dry my tears
The sun does not rise upon my devastated self
The fall disagrees to take away your memories
Life hesitates to spare me a couple of breaths
And death does not recognise me
How do i explain
How long i have waited for you?
Where are you?

As you walk down the aisle of love
Towards the altar of matrimony
You've forgotten not just the path
That led you upto the aisle of love
But also the shadow that followed yours even in the dark
I realized that while i was trying to explain
You had never nderstood
But now i have nothing to explain
Life is an old friend
And death, a memory new!

No comments: